Saturday, January 28, 2006

Evaluation of 20_jan_06_tutorial

After the tutorial on Friday (20 January 2006), Esther thinks that I really miss the content for my book. The topic of Hong Kong dialect is too board and why do I have to do this as other people have already do it. I still can’t tell Esther that how I can design the book with this big topic graphically and visually. There is absent of content. Esther suggests me that I have to narrow down the topic and choose one kinds of Hong Kong dialect that I am really interested in. I also think that this kind of Hong Kong dialect should be worth for me to record. And I should be able to tell Esther why I have to choose that kind of Hong Kong dialect except I like.

Esther also suggested my direction. The content of the book is very important.

1) There should be a thorough definition of Hong Kong dialect and the readers/ target audiences have to be told.
2) The second part is that I have chosen which kind/ which part of Hong Kong dialect I have to do for the content. The scope should be narrowed down.
3) Then, I have to explain the definition of these words of Hong Kong dialect. There are their own origins such as from the English or from the old songs.
4) The last part is my own re-interpretation for these words. And how I design this book and the Chinese typography. These can be several parts instead of one.


Aiya! It is really quite hard to choose one kind of words in the Hong Kong dialect, which can be representative, and the most meaning for me to do it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?