Saturday, January 28, 2006

Evaluation of 24_jan_06_tutorial

The content of the book are basically divided into three part:
1) The definition, reason and the development of the Hong Kong dialect
2) The words that I choose which is narrowed down from those lots of words in the Hong Kong dialect. Now, I choose the words related to “mouth” and sound in the Hong Kong dialect. They are typically the Hong Kong dialect and it will be playful to design them graphically and visually. There should be the basic definition and examples of these selected words.
3) The third part is the part that is the most important. I have to re-define and re-design the selected words. There should be a concept that can match with all the elements. And the content should be defined here. Whether it is a story or a kind of visual dictionary.

In fact, the progress of today is quite ok. I shorted out the 184 words with “mouth” which I want to do in the book. (These will be selected and eliminated again.) And then I have to use these all hardware to developed the whole concept and the third part I want. How can I be inspired and developed a good concept for this book?

Esther has comment on this and she suggested that the content could be story telling or anything else. One of her practical suggestion is that: I can divide these 184 words or fewer (or use 100 words) into several groups. I have to set the whole concept of the book and the small concept for each of the group. It can be anything related but which should be the most important. Maybe I can also use some design methods to divide them such as icon, stroke, illustration, pictogram, etc. It is also a kind of expressive way.

Anyway, this is just one of the options that Esther suggests. I have to think more options for me to choose the best one. Maybe using this method to design and adding other interesting elements such as stories in that.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?