Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Evaluation of tutorial 21_feb_2006

The tutorial today is quite smooth. I think that my progress is not what I expected and it is, in fact, a bit slow. I think I have to write faster about the passages/ content in the book and the graphics should be developed much more.

I’m now writing the story—the related passages of each of the words. When I’m working with the graphics, pictogram, Chinese typography; I discovered a serious problem. Before the passages are written, there are no criteria to judge this graphic design is okay or not. This is because the graphics are only designed and based on the meaning, definition and the examples of each word. And the design outcome based on this will not be so deep and sophisticated. It will not be so playful and this may not attract the target audience. Maybe they will think that everyone can do. It would not be that interesting. Therefore, the content/ passages of each word which writing about the history, origin, social phenomenon, imagined and related story are very important for this project. It sets the criteria to judge these graphics are suitable or not. And most importantly, it tells a greater story of these words and it will be much more interesting. It is what I think.

So, I would like to write the passages of each word and design the graphics at the same time, as it can be more efficient and effective. I have drawn the sketches and written something for this. But it should be more and faster.

Esther comments that I have to narrow down the words I do. Now, there is about 100 something words. There may be divided into 6 chapters and maybe each chapter includes 5 passages/ stories and there will be 30 passages/ stories. Esther said that will be enough and each booklet maybe 8 pages and the content of the book will be okay. I have concluded the design expression methods from the reference books before. Esther also says I can show all these expressions in the first part of the book and indicates each graphics/ pictogram/ Chinese types with the right design expression to the reader. It would be more interesting.

In these two weeks, I really have to work hard on the contents and the graphics of the book. The form, material, and layout of the book are still in blank. I also have to think about these.

Comments:

一起努力 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?