Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Evaluation_7_February_2006_tutorial

After the Chinese New Year holiday, we come back to the school to have our first tutorial and I really did little things in the holiday and busy with others. I just show the classification of the single words with mouth and some rough sketches for inspiration. But I think the classification is not that okay because this sub-title such as adjective, the action of the mouth, verbs; which just using the syntactical functions. I want to use several concepts to hold a group of words and use these sub-concepts to guide me to design the pictogram/ Chinese typography.

Esther’s comment is that she thinks that these words are very funny and it is very good to design illustration but she also consider that I would like to design typography in this book. And she always thinks of some interesting characters playing around and saying these kinds of words. Haha! I also think that it would be very funny and suitable to my target audience who are the youngsters.

And she also suggests that there can be a sub-concept holding a group of words; on the other way, I can also give each word/ Chinese character a concept to design its own characters. It is also possible. It depends on how I can design of these.

The last thing is that I should start the first two parts of my book. There should be 3 parts in my book including 1) the definition of Hong Kong dialect/ introduction; 2) the meaning, origins and examples of the words (with mouth); and 3) the re-design the pictogram/ Chinese typography of these Chinese characters. Esther said I should also start to design the first 2 parts and it is also very hard to do. I have to write in an interesting way that should attract my target audience. I respond that it will be written in Hong Kong dialect instead of the formal written Chinese. It would be more reasonable and attractive.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?