Friday, February 24, 2006

Naming of the project/ book

I’m also thinking about the project name. An interesting name is also quite important for the whole project.

Before, I’m thinking of creating a Chinese character that is brand new and wholly related to mouth and the meaning of the whole project.

And when I’m doing the project. I just think of a Chinese slogan, “我手寫我口”. I think this has already illustrated the main concept and spirit of the whole project.

I’m thinking of some of the name that to be best represent the project:
“我手寫我口”
“我手繪我口”
“我手畫我口”
“我手設我口”
“我手造我口”
“我手思我口”
“我手創我口”
“我手整我口”
“我手搞我口”

In fact, I like the first two ones most. The first one that is used before has DOUBLE meanings.

Firstly, this is the slogan of the may-forth movement. It is a very important movement in modern China. Culturally, the plain language (白話文) recognized as written language. This May-Forth Movement further stimulated the New Culture Movement. Confucianism (儒家學說) and literary style (文言文) in writing were further discredited. The plain language (白話文) in writing was further encouraged when the government declared that it would be used in schools. This in turn helped raise the literary level of the Chinese, made it easier to popularize education in China.

As this book is also introduce some words in Hong Kong dialect, and also encourage Hong Kong people “我手寫我口”. Therefore, the main aim of this book and the New Cultural Movement is similar.

Secondly, the main content and theme are the Hong Kong dialect with mouth. Therefore, I’m really writing, drawing and designing the mouth.

I’m also thinking of the designing of the cover of the book with this name. I think that I would not use this the words of this topic in the cover. I would be 3 symbols/ pictogram which are a hand pictogram, a writing/ drawing symbol and a mouth symbol. That’s what I think the design of the book cover.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?