Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Evaluation of tutorial_28_Mar_06

I have worked overnight in studio in SD yesterday because I think I do this project very slowly and I want to put more time and effort to do the layout of my book.

But working for a day, the entire testing layouts are failed and all are rubbish. Sitting before the computer, I think that I really don’t know how to design layout after 3-year design education. I really have big trouble.

好像讀完三年design,跟了Esther這麼久,我也好像像沒有學過一樣,完全唔識。之前所排的layout都是隨意的;或是我只可以排一些跟晒grid,排得整整齊齊、穩紮穩打的layout,可以騙一下人。昨晚,我完全感覺不到本書的flow;所有visual element都看不到;他們的作用與感受好像完全看不到。

I spent 2 days to trace the pictogram into the computer format. And there are some of them still not so good. But I think I have to design the layout and the other graphic in the book. So, I spend lots of time to try to design the layout. But, I lost. I really lost.

Luckily, Esther teaches me some methods to design the layout again.

1) There is flow for the book. There is interaction and linkage between pages to pages. There is a sequence of paper for flipping.
2) There are lots of visual elements. All are affect the layout of the book. Simply putting the graphic into the square box, we have to consider the box is enclosed or not. If it is not an enclosed box, there is a chance for the white space to flow out.
3) The heaviness and the lightness in a book are important. The whole book should not be very noisy from start to the end. We have to give readers to have a rest. There should be comfortable situation and noisy environment in a book.
4) All the visual elements have a kind of effect and feeling to us. Everything is suggesting and providing something. I have to learn to “see”.

I have to work hard la!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?